A Message of Hope.
How could people with huge societal success and with access to the best in medical resources believe this was their only way out?
The recent high profile deaths due to suicide have me enraged and I just had to speak out and UP about the stigma surrounding mental illness. It’s been shown that these two individuals in particular did not seek help due to the pressure of being in the public eye and the associated fear of being judged and its consequences. We should be out there. The information should be front and center. We suffer from mental illness and we need help… shouted loudly for all to hear. It is time to counteract the negative stigmatic attitudes surrounding a treatable state of being which without attention and care, has become one of the leading causes of death across the world. https://stopthestigma.org/
Suicidal ideation exists and too many people just don’t get help. My personal suicidal ideation began in my youth and lasted till age 41 when i finally gave up using alcohol and drugs. I know I was lucky to get help.
Suicidal ideation, also known as suicidal thoughts, is thinking about or an unusual preoccupation with suicide. The range of suicidal ideation varies greatly from fleeting to extensive thoughts, planning, role playing or attempts. Suicidal ideation is generally associated with depression and other mood disorders; however, it seems to have associations with many other mental disorders, life events, and family events, all of which may increase the risk of suicidal ideation. (Wiki)
What may save a life and help you find mental health and wellbeing?
1. Adopt ‘Help-Seeking’ Behavior; treatment support will only be found when you seek support.
2. Ongoing Support Groups; Find the right groups and systems for you and plan to stay connected for the long-run.
3. Honesty Around Vulnerability; Surround yourself with as many trusted people as possible whom you can speak openly with.
4. ID the Signs and Symptoms; Become aware of your behaviors which may lead to the dark thoughts and how they might be related. A certified therapist can help you identify these, as well the triggers which may be causing them.
5. Implement a Fire Alarm Plan; If symptoms appear, immediately seek your identified trusted and proven support systems. Set measures in place where they can provide restructuring of your life to care for your wellbeing; which may include behavioral therapy, the use of medication and many practical ways to help you adjust and cope.
Mental HEALTH is possible for anyone. The return from dark places IS possible, as I’ve witness and we are aware of the countless numbers saved. I have been a part of the support and therapy available to instill the HOPE, FAITH and TRUST that the ‘darkness’ will pass and change does happen.
Do reach out to me directly, TODAY. Do not wait another day. We are here to help. Tel +447506319745 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please please please… get the help that you do deserve.
Consult the list of resources below.
United Kingdom Suicide Hotlines
Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90 (UK – local rate)
Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
Hotline: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI – local rate)
Hotline: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Available 24 hours everyday
LIST OF Suicide Prevention Lifelines for ALL COUNTRIES: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
https://stopthestigma.org/ “BECAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS HELP SOMETIMES”